The Vortex 3D Engine is my custom 3D Engine built for the specific objective of rendering native cross-platform realtime 3D graphics. Vortex can be seen as a set of proven, reusable components that enable delivering 3D applications and games on a disparate array of platforms, including iOS, Android, Windows, Linux and Mac.
The Vortex 3D Editor is a custom-built editor for the Vortex 3D Engine that can be used for visually building scenes and 3D experiences.
Notes on the development of the Vortex 3D Engine, as well as the Computer Graphics techniques behind it can be found in the Computer Graphics page.
Some of the most prominent features of Vortex Engine include:
- Fully developed in conformant C++11, completely object-oriented.
- Light-weight and portable.
- Non-intrusive and flexible.
- Minimal external dependencies.
- Dynamic scene management.
- Automatic resource life-cycle management through reference counting.
- Rendering through the Fixed and the Programable pipelines.
- Supports Desktop OpenGL, OpenGL ES 1.1 and OpenGL ES 2.0.
The following scenes were rendered using Vortex 3D: